WWW Chemistry ResourcesKimya Kaynakları
Please note that the new Virtual Library: Chemistry site is located at http://www.liv.ac.uk/Chemistry/Links/links.html
- WWW Chemistry Sites
- Academic Institutions || Non-profit Organizations || Commercial Organizations ||
- Other Lists of Chemistry Resources and Related WWW Virtual Libraries ||
- Special Projects || Publications ||Announcements
- Chemistry Software Ads || Specialty Ads || Chemical Industry Consultants
- Other Chemistry Services
- Chemistry Gopher Servers || Chemistry FTP Servers
- Chemistry and Biochemistry USENET News Groups
| News Duke Libraries
/ Researching by Subject
Chemistry and Reference web sites
Other Chemistry Resources
See the table of contents on the left for other chemistry resources on the web.
Chemical and Physical Property resources
Chemical Ethics resources
233 Perkins Library | firstname.lastname@example.org | 919.660.1578
- WWW Virtual Library - Chemistry - A list of links to various useful categories of Chemistry pages from academic institutions, nonprofits, and corporations.
- Yahoo - Chemistry - Yahoo's list of categories for chemistry.
- ChemDex-Sheffield List of Chemistry Internet Sites - The Sheffield ChemDexTM is part of Chemdex.org and has existed on the WWW since 1993. It is regularly updated and contains over 5000 links to chemistry-related sites.
- Chemical Information Sources from Indiana University - CHEMINFO will help you find and learn how to use chemistry information resources on the Internet and elsewhere.
- TORVS Chemical Internet Services - Many useful programs and resources for chemistry here.
- Trinity University Cheminformatics Site - This WWW site is dedicated to exploring the use of the internet as a means for distributing chemical information.
- Internet Resources: Chemistry - Part of the Internet Resources for Science and Mathematics Education. Collected by Tom O'Haver for the Maryland Collaborative for Teacher Preparation.
- Rolf Claessen's Chemistry Index - Especially useful is the Databases section of the Index, but there is also information on companies, journals, and patents.
- Chemical and Physical Property Information Resources in the Chemistry Library - A list by property of available references in the Chemistry Library - VERY USEFUL!
- http://www.lib.duke.edu/databases/descriptions/accesssci.htm is an encyclopedia of scienceand technology. It provides the full text of over 7,000 articles, 115,000 definitions, and 1,200 biographies of scientists. AccessScience also offers weekly news articles, biographies, research updates, and lists of other resources.
- Locating Patent Information on the WWW - A guide to finding patent information on the Web, with links.
- Locating Conference Proceedings in the Chemistry Library - A guide to finding conference proceedings in the library.
- Chemical Meetings and Conferences Information - Links to three databases which list/announce upcoming meetings and conferences.
- IUPAC Recommendations on Organic and Biochemical Nomenclature - The official IUPAC site for naming organic and biochemical compounds.
- Facts & Figures for Chemical R & D - C & E News, 1998 - The most recent annual Facts and Figures article (October 1998)
- Chemical Company Catalogs on the Web - Links to chemical catalogs on the Web
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers - A search engine for information on manufacturers and their products on the Web (free registration required for use)
- Federal Sources of Research Funding - A list (with links) of several federal funding sources
- Community of Science, Inc. Funding News - A search engine to find funding sources for scientific research
- Chemical Education Book Publishers - Contact information on the major publishers, from the Journal of Chemical Education.
- Ask Jeeves - Named for the omniscient valet Jeeves in P.G. Wodehouse's famous novels, this is a meta search engine which uses natural language processing. Also Anne and K.T.'s favorite search engine. VERY USEFUL!
- Dogpile - Another great meta search engine.
- Ask a Librarian - Get general reference help through chat or email to the Perkins Library Reference staff.
- The Internet Public Library - An online library, with resources, "pathfinders" (resource guides), and virtual reference librarians. You can ask the librarians at the IPL a question and get a response in about a week.
- Federal Government Public Documents and Information - A general list of online documents available through Duke Public Documents and Maps Department
- A Web of Online Dictionaries - A meta engine for searching over 800 dictionaries in 160 different languages.
Table of Contents
Contact Subject Librarian
Biological & Environmental Sciences Library | Divinity School Library | Ford Library | Goodson Law Library | Library Service Center | Lilly Library | Marine Lab Library | Medical Center Library | Music Library | Perkins/Bostock Library | Special Collections Library | The Link
Last modified July 6, 2007 10:13:47 AM EDT Use and Reproduction
| Report Web Site Problems
| Contact Us
| Support the Duke Libraries
Home | Libraries | Ask Us Now | Catalog | Hours | Library Web Site Search | Site Index
Mobile Library Home (content for handheld devices such as cellphones)
Unless otherwise specified on this page, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Structure & Bonding Electron Configurations of Atoms Chemical Bonding & Valence Charge Distribution in Molecules Practice Problems The Shape of Molecules Isomers Analysis of Molecular Formulas Resonance Atomic and Molecular Orbitals Practice Problems
Intermolecular Forces Boiling & Melting Points Hydrogen Bonding Crystalline Solids Water Solubility Practice Problems
Chemical Reactivity Reaction Classification By Structural Change By Reaction Type Acid-Base Reactions Oxidations & Reductions By Functional Group Reaction Variables Reactants & Reagents Product Selectivity Other Variables Reaction Rate Intermediates Reaction Energetics Bond Energy Electronic Effects Steric Effects Solvent Effects Reaction Mechanisms Curved Arrow Notation Reactive Intermediates Reaction Illustrations Nucleophilicity & Basicity Acid-Base Catalysis Practice Problems
Aromaticity Benzene Fused Ring Compounds Other Aromatic Compounds The Hückel Rule Practice Problems
Nomenclature Alkanes Cycloalkanes Practice Problems Alkenes & Alkynes Substituted Benzenes Other Functional Groups Practice Problems
Stereoisomers Part I Alkene Configurational Isomers Cycloalkane Configurational Isomers Practice Problems Conformational Isomers Ethane Butane Cycloalkanes Substituted Cyclohexanes Practice Problems
Stereoisomers Part II Chirality & Symmetry Symmetry Elements Enantiomorphism Optical Activity Configurational Nomenclature Compounds with Several Stereogenic Centers Stereogenic Nitrogen Fischer Projection Formulas Achiral Diastereomers Other Configurational Notations Resolution Conformational Enantiomorphism Practice Problems
Summary of Isomerism
Mass Spectrometry Ultraviolet-Visible Spectroscopy Infrared Spectroscopy Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Carbohydrates Lipids Proteins and Amino Acids Nucleic Acids
Introduction to Synthesis
Principles of Modern Synthesis Stereoselective Synthesis
Concerning Practice Problems
The practice problems provided as part of this text are chiefly interactive, and should provide a useful assessment of the reader's understanding at various stages in the development of the subject. Some of these problems make use of a Molecular Editor drawing application created by Peter.Ertl. To practice using this editor Click Here.
Since problem solving is essential to achieving an effective mastery of the subject, it is recommended that many more problems be worked. Most organic chemistry textbooks contain a broad assortment of suitable problems, and paperback collections of practice problems are also available. In addition, a large collection of multiple choice problems may be viewed Here.
The following button will activate a collection of problems concerning the reactivity of common functional groups.
The following web-sites provide nice collections of problems and answers:
Towson University-reaction quizzes and summaries
Ohio State University-electronic flashcards
University of Wisconsin-concept questions
Notre Dame-spectroscopy problems
For a useful collection of study materials, including links to other sites, visit the Organic chemistry tool-kit. Prepared by Bob Hanson, St. Olaf College
Functional Group Reactions
Alkanes Combustion Substitution (of H by halogen) Practice Problems
Alkenes Electrophilic Additions Strong Brønsted Acids Lewis Acids (non-Proton Electrophiles) Electrophilic Halogen Reagents Other Electrophilic Reagents Reduction Oxidation Radical Additions Allylic Substitution Practice Problems Dienes Addition Reactions Diels-Alder Cycloaddition Practice Problems
Alkynes Addition Reactions Hydrogenation Electrophiles Hydration & Tautomerism Hydroboration Nucleophilile Addition & Reduction Acidity of Terminal Alkynes (Substitution of H) Practice Problems
Alkyl Halides Occurrence General Reactivity Substitution(of X) SN2 Mechanism SN1 Mechanism Elimination (of HX) Summary of Substiution vs. Elimination Substitution by Metals Elimination Reactions of Dihalides Practice Problems
Alcohols Nomenclature Reactions of Alcohols Substitution of the Hydroxyl H Substitution of the Hydroxyl Group Elimination of Water Oxidation of Alcohols Reactions of Phenols Acidity of Phenols Ring Substitution of Phenols Oxidation to Quinones Practice Problems
Ethers Nomenclature Preparation of Ethers Reactions of Ethers Acid Cleavage Peroxide Formation Epoxide Reactions Practice Problems
Thiols & Sulfides Sulfur Analogs of Alcohols & Ethers
Benzene & Derivatives Electrophilic Substitution A Substitution Mechanism Reactions of Substituted Benzenes Reaction Characteristics Reactions of Disubstituted Rings Reactions of Substituent Groups Nucleophilic Substitution, Elimination & Addition Reactions Practice Problems
Amines Nomenclature & Structure Properties of Amines Boiling Point & Solubility Basicity of Nitrogen Compounds Acidity of Nitrogen Compounds Important Reagent Bases Reactions of Amines Electrophilic Substitution at Nitrogen Preparation of 1º-Amines Preparation of 2º & 3º-Amines Practice Problems Reactions with Nitrous Acid Reactions of Aryl Diazonium Intermediates Elimination Reactions of Amines Oxidation States of Nitrogen Practice Problems
Phosphines Phosphorus Analogs of Amines
Aldehydes & Ketones Nomenclature of Aldehydes & Ketones Occurrence of Aldehydes & Ketones Natural Products Synthetic Preparation Properties of Aldehydes & Ketones Reversible Addition Reactions Hydration & Hemiacetal Formation Acetal Formation Imine Formation Enamine Formation Cyanohydrin Formation Irreversible Addition Reactions Complex Metal Hydrides Organometallic Reagents Carbonyl Group Modification Wolff-Kishner Reduction Clemmensen Reduction Hydrogenolysis of Thioacetals Oxidations Reactions at the ?-Carbon Mechanism of Electrophilic ?-Substitution The Aldol Reaction Ambident Enolate Anions Alkylation of Enolate Anions Practice Problems
Carboxylic Acids Nomenclature of Carboxylic Acids Natural Products Related Derivatives Physical Properties Acidity Preparation of Carboxylic Acids Reactions of Carboxylic Acids Salt Formation Substitution of Hydroxyl Hydrogen Substitution of the Hydroxyl Group Reduction & Oxidation Practice Problems
Carboxylic Derivatives Physical Properties Nomenclature Reactions of Carboxylic Acid Derivatives Acyl Group Substitution Mechanism Reduction Catalytic Reduction Metal Hydride Reduction Diborane Reduction Reaction with Organometallic Reagents Practice Problems Reactions at the ? Carbon Acidity of ? C-H The Claisen Condensation Synthesis Applications Practice Problems
Chemistry - Matter, Atoms, & More
All About Atoms
The Particle Adventure
Molecule of the Month
Science Is Fun
OMSI Experiencing Chemistry
About Atoms - Bonds
Chemistry - An Introduction
Chemistry & You
Drag & Drop Chemical Formulas*
Drag & Drop Molecule Magic*
Physical/Chemical Changes Quiz
EPA Chemicals at Home
Chemistry Q & A
* Games work only in Internet Explorer
** Requires a subscription
It's Elemental - Balancing Act
Brain Boggle ChemBalancer
Balancing Equations Tutorial
Creative Chemistry Balancing Equations
Stinks & Bangs Equations
How Fireworks Work
The Chemistry of Fireworks
COTW - Fireworks
History of Plastics
Polymer Flash Activities
Polymers - They're Everywhere
Nobel Plastics & Polymers
Nobel Heating Plastics Game
Chemistry Games & Puzzles
JLab Games & Puzzles
Find the Element
Mrs. T's Chemistry Challenge
Mrs. T's Elemental Quiz
Quia Chem Games-Common Chemicals
FunBrain - Proton Don
Syvum Chemistry Games
Chem Class Games
Chemistry for Beginners
Chemistry Jigsaw Puzzles
Stinks & Bangs Matching Games
Oil Strike Game
Bu sayfaya henüz yorum yazılmadı.